Week 9 – He’s My Cherry Pie!
At 9 weeks, the baby is growing faster than I can fathom. With all his important body parts in order, he’s looking more and more like the little bundle I’ll be hugging in almost 7 months. He is also being defined more and more as an individual!
As a 9-week pregnant woman, I’m starting to think more and more about how my life is going to change. It’s no longer just me and my husband; it’s me, my husband, and our baby. I’m already looking into ways to improve our lives in the future – and this means a lot of budgeting, along with a fair amount of time management.
I’ve read every week 9 pregnancy guide there is so that I know precisely what to expect from this stage of the first trimester. Most of the symptoms are those that I’m already used to – so it’s not really new to me anymore. I did get some new symptoms, but oh well… that’s pregnancy for you.
The Baby at 9 Weeks
At nine weeks, the baby has reached the size of a cherry. He’s almost one inch long and weighs 0.7 ounces – which is why I don’t feel as if I’m carrying any extra weight.
Right now, my baby is very busy. His head is a bit larger in proportion to the rest of his body – but that will fix itself in the future. His eyes are currently concealed – but the lips, nose, and ears are starting to take shape. He’s also moving around a lot in order to exercise his muscles – although he’s too small for me to feel any kicks right now.
His reproductive organs are also forming now – although it’s too early to pick on a week 9 ultrasound. His heart is also in its final form, with all the five chambers formed completely. He’s now gaining more weight, so I expect I’ll be seeing a belly very soon.
Mommy at 9 Weeks Pregnant
At this point, both I and the baby had two great accomplishments: we made it to the start of the third month, and the little one is no longer an embryo; he’s a full-fledged fetus. My body is going through a lot of changes right now – which obviously includes morning sickness, acne breakouts, and an overwhelming sensation of fatigue. Teenage years, much? No, just pregnant.
Nausea is not to be underestimated. The fatigue is also more and more noticeable – since I’m basically burning energy for two people. So, the energy and nutrients that would have normally been absorbed by my body are now being absorbed by the baby. I’m exhausted all the time – and not just my body, but my mind as well.
My hormones are currently reaching a peak level, which is why I can safely say that I’ve also reached my peak in crazy. I take solace in the fact that in a few weeks, my hormones will be leveling themselves out and I (hopefully) won’t be a momzilla anymore. That is until I’m about to give birth. My poor husband!
From what I’ve experienced, here are the week 9 pregnancy symptoms that you have to brace yourself for:
- Mood Swings: Remember when I said that my hormones are all over the place? Well, there isn’t any surprise as I saw that mood swings are part of my daily routine. Since I have a lot of things driving me on the edge (nausea, fatigue), it’s very easy for me to lose my cool. How do I deal with mood swings? Well, for one, I try not to be around people when I’m particularly irritable. Also, when I’m home, I try to relax as much as possible – preferably with many naps or binging on TV series (and trying hard not to cry).
- Morning Sickness: This symptom still lives on. I’m not vomiting all the time, but almost everything sets me off – regardless of the time of day. At this point, I can say that nausea reached its peak – since I feel worse than I felt throughout the entire pregnancy. Even ginger is not as effective as it used to be – but it certainly helps make things more manageable. I also try to avoid things that trigger nausea – since now I have a fairly good idea of the triggers.
- Urinating Frequently: Hormones are at their peak, which means that my blood is also circulating like mad – giving a lot of work to my kidneys. And what does it mean to have active kidneys? That’s right: frequent visits to the toilet. Still, this doesn’t mean that you should stop drinking water. Water is very good for you. Just make peace with the fact that the toilet is going to be your new best friend for a while.
- Nasal Congestion: This is a first – but at this point during the pregnancy, a lot of mucus is produced by the body – which is why I end up having a runny nose fairly often. Tissues don’t really leave my hands at this point.
- Headaches: Hormones are peaking – and so are the headaches. I can’t really do much about this one since I don’t want to take painkillers during this stage of pregnancy. I use cold compresses to try and cool a headache down, rest as much as possible, avoid staying in the sun too much, and I drink as much water as possible. My advice is that you talk to your doctor before taking any medication. Some people say that while ibuprofen and aspirin are safe, acetaminophen isn’t.
My 9-week belly size is not that big – but I do have some struggles with buttoning my jeans. This is mostly because my uterus has expanded in order to make place for the baby.
I’ve bought a bunch of things from Amazon to help me in advance:
My friend has been using this Cocoa Butter Lotion and Tummy Butter. The result was a success! It’s a must!
The next one is a stretch for a pin (jeans and other clothes). I’ve decided to buy it in advance, as this one is not an expensive one.
I’m at the peak of my symptoms – but at least I know that they should pass in several weeks now. Starting with the second trimester, things should be a lot easier.
1351Baby shower guest sign in ideas
2533Boy baby shower decorations ideas
1607Girl baby shower favors ideas
23705Intermittent Fasting – Is It Safe For Children?
23689It is Safe to Eat Raw Meat – A Guide to Choosing the Right Type
23715Understanding Poop – Constipation, IBS, and Other Digestive Disorders
1791TOP 10 Girl baby shower themes ideas for 2017
23735IBS, Depression, and Skin Problems in Fructose Malabsorption
600Baby shower fruit tray ideas
4319Baby shower afternoon tea ideas
1909Purchase The Special Twin Baby Shower Cakes From Your Local Stores
218710 Useful Triplet baby shower ideas for you!
3923Baby shower snack ideas pinterest
4291High tea baby shower ideas – 10 ways to have a High tea baby shower party!
23759Don’t Overcook Your Meat!
554Welcoming a Baby Angel in Style with the Best Baby shower souvenir ideas
2041Planning a Baby shower program ideas – detailed guide
2553TOP 10 Baby girl baby shower food ideas
106Baby shower gift ideas for boys
442Superhero baby shower ideas
32Baby girl shower ideas
3471Baby shower ideas and decorations
2343Brown and pink baby shower ideas
4193Gift ideas for boy baby shower
102Baby shower decoration ideas for girl
930Cute baby shower decoration ideas
346Mason jar baby shower ideas
876Whale themed baby shower ideas
228Baby shower ideas for girl
22649Life at 15 Weeks Pregnant – the Changes are Getting Noticeable
2937Teddy bear baby shower cake ideas
1068Brunch baby shower menu ideas
3595Gift ideas for mum to be at baby shower
3261Baby shower invites ideas
2399Good baby shower gift ideas