Week 8 – Two Months In, Carrying On!
The baby is starting to take a human shape and is no longer looking like a tadpole. He’s small – just like a kidney bean – but is growing every day. It won’t be long until my baby belly begins to show! Soon, I’ll not only feel pregnant – but look pregnant.
I officially have seven more months until the due date! I know, it’s very early – maybe a bit too early to get excited – but I can’t help it. I’ve known about the pregnancy for almost a month now, so I’m creeping with excitement.
I am currently wrapping up my second month, but since I am still so early in the first trimester, my week 8 belly size is not yet there – although I try faking it in the mirror, to see what it would look like.
Mom vs. baby at eight weeks, let’s see what it looks like.
The 8-Week Baby
I’ve scheduled for a week 8 ultrasound – and for the first time, I was able to get a pretty clear image of my baby. At this point, the baby is as big as a raspberry – and doesn’t measure more than 0.63 inches. Every day, the baby is growing by one millimeter – so things are starting to speed up.
My baby’s heart is now beating regularly, the beat is strong and steady – and I could hear it. The baby’s “tail” is just about gone, and his brain and nerve cells are now branching out to connect with his organs.
The eyelids have also formed, his upper lip is starting to take shape, and his nose is beginning to protrude. Obviously, he can’t use any of them yet – but he’ll be able to once he is born. While his extremities were only stubs before, he is now developing fingers – around both the hands and legs.
His neck is also lengthening – and while he still relatively looks like a kidney bean, he’s looking more human with each passing day.
Mommy at 8 Weeks Pregnant
I may not be showing – but my hips have definitely gotten wider. The baby is obviously expected to grow a lot in the following months – and my body knows it. For this reason, it’s getting itself ready to “grow” a baby the size of a football.
I’m constantly feeling the effects of the pregnancy, and the anxiety has also settled in like it’s at home. My nausea also doesn’t make things any better – so I’m walking around, trying not to puke at every whiff that I catch.
Overall, my week 8 symptoms include:
- Sore Breasts: My breasts feel bigger and heavier – and I have the feeling that my husband does not mind this in the slightest. The downside, however, is that they are also sore. Considering that the lobules responsible for producing milk are expanding, it’s quite understandable.
- Fatigue: My body is pumping more blood – but at the same time, I also have a lower blood pressure. This is because most of the nutrients in the blood are sent to the baby. I try to get as much sleep as possible, whether it means going to sleep early or sneaking in some naps every now and again.
- Nausea: That’s it! I refuse to call it morning sickness anymore, since it can hit me at any time of the day. I try to keep it under control by using ginger, vitamin B6, and acupuncture wristbands. It doesn’t eliminate the nausea completely, but at least it makes it far more manageable.
- Keen Sense of Smell: This would have been very useful if I didn’t also catch every bad scent possible. I can catch a whiff of my favorite cheesecake from far away – but I can also just as easily notice offensive odors. Half the time, I’m covering my nose so that my stomach doesn’t go completely crazy.
- Weird Dreams: I’m not completely sure if this is an official symptom or not, but apparently, many pregnant women go through this during their 8th week of pregnancy. This is most likely a result of anxiety since I’ve been juggling a lot on my mind these days.
- Constipation: Well, this is embarrassing – but at least I know I’m not the only one going through this. I’m fine as long as I eat plenty of fiber-rich foods and drink a lot of water – but on days when I don’t, I can’t even get close to going number two. This makes me feel very bloated – and almost making it seem like my baby belly has grown. No, my friends, that’s just my constipated belly.
- Cramps: I do admit, I still panic when I get cramps every now and again during my pregnancy, since I associate them with bad things happening. However, at this point, it’s very normal. My uterus is expanding and my ligaments are stretching – so it’s bound to cause a little bit of discomfort. However, if the cramps are really bad, I suggest you go see a doctor. No woman should be in excruciating pain during pregnancy – perhaps only when they give birth, and that can be managed as well.
- Spotting: Spotting can occur at any time during your pregnancy, but you have to be careful if it happens at about 8 weeks in. One of the reasons may be sex – since your cervix is very sensitive at this point. Another reason might be a miscarriage, particularly if you are spotting A LOT. You should get checked immediately by the doctor.
The symptoms that you feel might be way worse if you are carrying twins. Since there are more babies to feed, there will also be more hormones to handle – so you’ll have to do more work. Don’t panic if you see this happening to you – and if you have suspicions, don’t shy away from consulting your healthcare provider.
While the pregnancy symptoms seem to be getting worse, I’m very excited to bring my baby into the world. With each day, he’s becoming more and more of a reality. He’s no longer a cell mass; he’s a baby-to-be.
I’m not showing yet, but I’m definitely feeling. For all you mothers to be, I hope you found my week 8 pregnancy guide to be useful.
1351Baby shower guest sign in ideas
1607Girl baby shower favors ideas
2533Boy baby shower decorations ideas
1791TOP 10 Girl baby shower themes ideas for 2017
600Baby shower fruit tray ideas
3923Baby shower snack ideas pinterest
1909Purchase The Special Twin Baby Shower Cakes From Your Local Stores
4291High tea baby shower ideas – 10 ways to have a High tea baby shower party!
4319Baby shower afternoon tea ideas
2553TOP 10 Baby girl baby shower food ideas
2463Baby shower ideas pinterest boy
4315Baby shower centerpieces ideas pictures – 10 methods to brighten your baby shower party
554Welcoming a Baby Angel in Style with the Best Baby shower souvenir ideas
218710 Useful Triplet baby shower ideas for you!
2041Planning a Baby shower program ideas – detailed guide
3165Baby shower charades ideas
4327Baby shower onesie ideas – 10 secrets to know
2137Bumble bee themed baby shower ideas – 10 tips for good party!
1078Baby shower theme ideas for boys
1499Baby shower games idea
788Unisex baby shower ideas
3925Twin baby shower ideas pinterest
2565Baby shower ideas for a baby girl
3847Baby shower time capsule ideas
542Ideas for a baby shower for a boy
1955Girl baby showers ideas
454Baby shower card ideas
212Best baby shower ideas
88Baby showers ideas
1831Baby shower food and drink ideas
3659Diy baby shower ideas for girls
3955Pinterest baby shower favor ideas
3663Vintage baby shower theme ideas
3675Cute ideas for a baby shower for a boy
4259Decor ideas for baby shower
168Baby shower gift ideas for guests