Week 6 – I Have a Sweet Pea Inside of Me!
The news of the pregnancy is finally starting to sink in – and it no longer seems like something unusual. I’m very hormonal, and my pregnancy symptoms are kicking at me from every direction – but my baby is growing limbs now!
I’ve known for almost two weeks now that I am pregnant – so the idea that I’m going to be a mother has become more and more realistic. Granted, my hormones are still flying around like they own the place – and the symptoms of the first trimester certainly don’t seem to be going away anytime soon.
Well, I still have seven and a half more months to adjust, don’t I? After all, I’m not the only one working hard here; my baby is also doing his best to get his organs and body parts working. So little, yet such a fighter. To make things easier for other pregnant mothers, here is my week 6 pregnancy guide.
The 6-Week Baby
If you’ve been calling your baby “sweet pea,” then this is the week when you are the most accurate. Your baby now is literally the size of a sweet pea – growing more with every day. By next week, the baby will have already doubled his size – so this is your chance to call him this name and mean it.
Last week, the baby was just a head, a spine, and a tail. Now it’s also growing legs! Granted, they are just buds at this point – but soon enough, they will also become full limbs. It is also developing eyes, but they’re so small that they are barely even noticeable.
The baby is also getting a regular heartbeat – but it’s still too faint to be heard on a week 6 ultrasound. The embryo is also growing an umbilical cord right now, connecting it to my own body – taking the necessary energy and nutrients straight from my uterine wall – and obviously, the rest of my body.
How I Feel at 6 Weeks Pregnant
I feel happy, indeed – but at this point, I can’t really say that I feel too hot. My breasts are sore, I need to pee all the time, and I’m so hormonal that I’m crying at every pencil or cell phone commercial that I see.
You could say that I’m developing something of a split personality, considering that I’m happy now, and in the next five seconds I’m angry as well. That, I’m told, is normal, and will eventually pass – I assume, when the baby is born. But still, I’m about to have a baby; am I not supposed to be emotional? It’s a great life change.
This is when I had my first prenatal visit as well. I have one piece of advice for you: be prepared to be poked and prodded from every direction. From blood work to pelvic exams, they’ll have to know everything about you to ensure that the pregnancy goes smoothly.
I do sometimes worry about miscarriage since most of them occur apparently around this time. My doctor, however, said that I should be fine – as long as I take proper care of myself.
My Week 6 Symptoms of Pregnancy
Do you want to know how a 6-week-pregnant cranky lady manifests herself? Well, considering my week 6 signs of pregnancy here’s a general picture for you:
- Morning Sickness: I’m sorry to say this to you, but morning sickness is still up and kicking. Moreover, it doesn’t only happen in the morning; it can happen at any time of the day. And I hate to break it to you, but if you are carrying twins, it may be even worse in your case. I manage to keep it under control by snacking on food that helps settle my stomach. A word of advice from me: don’t try to go on an empty stomach just to avoid nausea. It will only make your nausea worse.
- Fatigue: My body still isn’t used to the raging hormones that are continuously changing – which is why I feel tired all day long. I try to catch quick naps everywhere I can – and if I can’t, I dream of doing it everywhere. I can’t really fall asleep in the middle of a work meeting, can I?
- Sore Breasts: My breasts are still sore – and will probably keep being sore for a long time now. They’re prepping to breastfeed the baby – so I made peace with the fact that they will go from tender to lactating right away. They’re not just for show anymore.
- Frequent Peeing: Regardless of where I am, I need a bathroom in close vicinity. This is most likely because my pregnancy hormones are directing the extra blood flow towards my pelvic area, where the baby is. Sadly, however, my kidneys and bladder are also picking up on it, processing – sending me to the toilet more times than I would prefer.
- Bloating and Gas: My body is producing an awful load of progesterone hormones right now – and this comes as a great deal for my tummy. I try to minimize the effect by drinking a lot of water and eating fiber-rich food. This will reduce constipation and, as a result, the bloating won’t be as bad anymore.
- Mood Swings: I’m cranky, and the next minute you see me imagining unicorns on a rainbow and being an all-around bundle of love. This is pregnancy in a nutshell. I know there’s nothing much to do about this, but I try to keep my hormones in check by getting enough rest and eating properly throughout the day – and by eating properly, I mean healthy meals and snacks.
At this point during this pregnancy, the week 6 belly size is still unnoticeable – but you can realize from my symptoms that I’m as pregnant as a pregnant lady can be.
At this point in my pregnancy, I have the same symptoms that I had last week – they only kicked up a notch. I am also aware of the fact that they won’t stop there. The good news is that at 6 weeks pregnant, my baby also kicked it up a notch – and is growing faster than we all realize.
1351Baby shower guest sign in ideas
2533Boy baby shower decorations ideas
1607Girl baby shower favors ideas
23705Intermittent Fasting – Is It Safe For Children?
23715Understanding Poop – Constipation, IBS, and Other Digestive Disorders
23735IBS, Depression, and Skin Problems in Fructose Malabsorption
23689It is Safe to Eat Raw Meat – A Guide to Choosing the Right Type
600Baby shower fruit tray ideas
1791TOP 10 Girl baby shower themes ideas for 2017
4319Baby shower afternoon tea ideas
23759Don’t Overcook Your Meat!
1909Purchase The Special Twin Baby Shower Cakes From Your Local Stores
218710 Useful Triplet baby shower ideas for you!
3923Baby shower snack ideas pinterest
4291High tea baby shower ideas – 10 ways to have a High tea baby shower party!
554Welcoming a Baby Angel in Style with the Best Baby shower souvenir ideas
2041Planning a Baby shower program ideas – detailed guide
23710The Carnivore’s Dilemma – A Diet of Just Meats and Fats?
1327Homemade baby shower decoration ideas for boys
2781Baby shower cute ideas
758Baby shower candy ideas
760Baby shower wishing well ideas
4067Zebra baby shower decorations ideas
142Lion king baby shower ideas
1643Baby shower monkey ideas
218Royal baby shower ideas
2323Welcome baby shower ideas
21041Week 1 – I’m Preparing to Become a Mother
1142Cute baby shower invitation ideas
2575Baby shower for twins boy and girl ideas
2671Gift ideas for baby shower hosts
1781Baby shower balloons decorations ideas
1771Baby shower announcement ideas
762Baby shower boy decoration ideas
3267Best ideas for baby shower
3939Unique baby shower ideas pinterest