Week 5 – Pregnant and Conquering Every Step
The baby is growing, and I’m really part of the pregnancy club right now! My hormone levels are up in the skies, and my symptoms are really confirming the fact that I am going to be a mother!
When you’ve been trying to have a baby, it’s a blessing when you see that pregnancy test turn positive. The ultrasound looked good, and I know for certain that my little bundle of joy is growing there with every passing day. It might be the hormones talking, but I can’t help it; my motherly instincts are already getting the best out of me.
The Baby at 5 Weeks
At this stage of the pregnancy, the baby is no bigger than an apple seed – so if I didn’t have the symptoms or a confirmed test, I wouldn’t even know he was there. And he’s gearing up to grow even more! By the end of the next week, he will double in size.
The baby is now starting to take the shape of a human. The heart is already formed, although a week 5 ultrasound won’t show his beating heart yet. The spinal cord and brain are also developing – and the baby now has a head, front, back – and a tail. The tail will eventually get absorbed in the body, so I’m not worrying about anything.
This tiny being is growing rapidly, and by tomorrow, I’m pretty sure that he will be even bigger. He now has three cell layers – the endoderm, the mesoderm, and the ectoderm. Later on, these layers will transform into his tissues and organs.
Mommy’s Changing Life
At this point in the pregnancy, it’s very clear that I’m going to be a mother. Those around me won’t really notice anything – other than the fact that I’m apparently “glowing” (increased blood volume does the trick). However, the nausea is starting to make itself known, and the baby seems to be taking a lot of energy from my body. It needs that energy, so at this point, I need to be very careful about what I eat. No more junk food for me, since the baby needs useful nutrients.
Also, I need exercise, so I started taking long walks. Dancing also works for me, and I swim every now and again. I love it when my husband joins me for these activities, because I want him to be as involved in this pregnancy as possible – and, luckily, he does, too.
Currently, I’m focusing on having as healthy a pregnancy as possible. I’m constantly in touch with my healthcare provider so that I know for sure that everything is going smoothly – and my prenatal vitamins are part of my daily routine.
The 5-Week Symptoms of Pregnancy
I’m 5 weeks pregnant – so I’m obviously feeling the symptoms. They’re not fun, that’s for sure. But for me, that’s a sign that the baby is growing nice and healthy. The first trimester is always the toughest, so I’m not going to dread the entire pregnancy based on what’s happening to me right now.
- Morning Sickness: The name of this bad boy is definitely not accurate. If it would have been only in the morning, it would have been a blessing – but it can happen at any time, at any place. I felt sick at 6 pm just by catching a whiff of something I didn’t like during my walks. I managed to deal with it by eating small meals, consuming ginger, and adding vitamin B6 to my diet. Acupuncture wristbands also seemed to help.
- Increased Hormones: I’ve already made peace with the fact that my heightened hormone level won’t be lowering anytime soon. I’ve never watched so many chick flicks or romantic/nostalgic movies for as long as I’ve lived. If I’m not bawling over random TV commercials, I’m bawling over Finding Nemo. Yes, at this point everything sets me off.
- Sore Breasts: Morning sickness is obviously a winner, but the breast soreness is not to be underestimated. My breasts are getting bigger – to the delight of my husband, I’m sure. At the same time, they are very tender to the touch. They’re preparing to be milk ducts, after all – so they are also getting ready for motherhood.
- Frequent Urination: This is a symptom that stayed with me since week three now. My kidneys are expanding due to the fact that they have to clear more toxins – which means that mommy now has a pretty faithful relationship with the toilet.
- Fatigue: This is another symptom that won’t disappear anytime soon. I want to nap at all times – whether it’s during housework, a dinner date, or in the middle of a work meeting. Granted, I’m burning energy for two now – so it’s understandable that my energy is running low pretty fast.
- Cramps: Yes, I still feel cramps every now and again. Doctors say it could be from one of two reasons: the embryo has implanted itself nicely into the uterine wall, or my ligaments have begun to expand in order to make place for the baby. Still, I’ve been advised that if the cramps get very bad, I should go see a doctor.
- Spotting: 5-weeks pregnant, but I still see random spots on my underwear. It’s not bad, so a panty liner is generally enough to ensure that I don’t ruin my underwear. At this point, it’s normal – but if the spotting looks more like bleeding, then I advise you call your doctor.
Currently, I’m just focusing on getting a lot of rest and taking care of myself overall. The rest I’ll be figuring out myself as I’m watching my week 5 belly size grow.
If you’re pregnant and you know it, clap your hands! Yes, I’m pregnant; I can’t see my belly yet, but the test and symptoms have confirmed it. My week 5 pregnancy guide should give you a good idea of what a pregnant woman may feel at this point.
1351Baby shower guest sign in ideas
2533Boy baby shower decorations ideas
1607Girl baby shower favors ideas
23705Intermittent Fasting – Is It Safe For Children?
1791TOP 10 Girl baby shower themes ideas for 2017
23689It is Safe to Eat Raw Meat – A Guide to Choosing the Right Type
600Baby shower fruit tray ideas
4319Baby shower afternoon tea ideas
23735IBS, Depression, and Skin Problems in Fructose Malabsorption
23715Understanding Poop – Constipation, IBS, and Other Digestive Disorders
1909Purchase The Special Twin Baby Shower Cakes From Your Local Stores
218710 Useful Triplet baby shower ideas for you!
3923Baby shower snack ideas pinterest
4291High tea baby shower ideas – 10 ways to have a High tea baby shower party!
554Welcoming a Baby Angel in Style with the Best Baby shower souvenir ideas
2041Planning a Baby shower program ideas – detailed guide
2553TOP 10 Baby girl baby shower food ideas
2463Baby shower ideas pinterest boy
36Baby shower cake ideas
3391Ladybug baby shower favor ideas
23726Four Years Eating Raw Meat
1018Dinosaur baby shower ideas
25859Protected: 20 Best Makeup Sets for Kids in 2019
1911Tinkerbell baby shower ideas
1120Jungle baby shower food ideas
21256Week 12 – Sleepyhead in my Belly
1301Western theme baby shower ideas
1737Cute baby shower ideas for boys
158Baby shower banner ideas
656Baby shower wreath ideas
2151Baby girl baby shower gift ideas
1925Frog baby shower ideas
3043Pictures of baby shower ideas
1685Baby shower design ideas
22688Week 39 of Pregnancy – Love Eternal
484Bee baby shower ideas