Week 38 of Pregnancy – The Bloody Show
Description: I’ve entered my 38th week of pregnancy, and I’m starting to feel that things are getting pretty crowded in there. The baby has made himself very comfortable inside – and I can feel him waiting by the “entrance.”
Boy, things are starting to get very crowded; I can literally feel it down to the last organ. My lungs are the only ones that are feeling much better now – since the baby is no longer pressing on them. I can finally get a proper breath of air now.
I kept reading about the “bloody show” – and until now, the name of this symptom gave me the chills. However, I eventually found out that this is nothing to worry about, since it’s an entirely normal thing at this stage of the pregnancy.
Things are better now – and not to mention exciting. In this week 38 pregnancy guide, I will tell you exactly how this period felt for me.
The Baby at 38 Weeks Pregnant
At this point during the pregnancy, nothing much really changed about my baby – aside from the fact that he’s gained a lot of weight. His lungs and brain took advantage of the opportunity to develop some more – although they have already reached a point where they can normally function on their own. Everything is fully formed – so he’s now ready to enter the world.
Right now, he’s the size of a winter watermelon: plump and weighing almost 7 pounds. I know, it sounds like a lot – but I’ve been reassured that my cervix will expand enough so that both I and the baby will be just fine during the delivery.
I can feel him trying to move around – but I can also notice that he doesn’t really have as much space anymore. Every kick is generally happening in the same place – and because of this, I know that he has already positioned himself for delivery. He hasn’t even been born yet, but he’s already proven to be such a smart boy!
How I Felt at 38 Weeks Pregnant
I have to admit, these last few weeks of pregnancy aren’t very easy since they can be simply very tiring. I’m carrying myself and the baby weight – all while trying to do some daily chores. I’ve already taken maternity days off from work, so most of my time is now spent resting – with the occasional bout of nesting.
The Braxton Hicks contractions have become a frequent occurrence – to the point where I’m actually wondering if they are just Braxton Hicks. They still let up after I lie down and rest, so I guess I’m in the clear.
Oh, and I almost forgot: I’m officially full term! I had my prenatal appointment earlier this week, and I was also given a week 38 ultrasound. Everything is in position, the baby is just fine – and with that, mommy is more relaxed.
I still have back and hip pain – but it has all been swallowed up by the fact that I’ll be giving birth soon. Nothing can ruin my good mood these days. I’ve been waiting for this for months – ever since the pregnancy test turned positive.
I may be nearing the end of my term, but this doesn’t mean there aren’t any week 28 pregnancy symptoms. Here’s what I’m mainly going through this week.
- Braxton Hicks Contractions: Yes, they’re still here. The thing is that I should make the difference between these contractions and actual labor contractions. If they don’t let up and the contractions become regular, you’re definitely going into labor.
- Trouble Sleeping: If you found a way to sleep soundly with a big week 38 size bellybulging in front of you, I’m all ears. Plus, the fact that I’m also feeling anxious doesn’t help me sleep either. I end up staring at the dark walls, thinking about labor day and replaying all the “what-ifs” in mind.
- Itchy Belly: The baby is growing. Unfortunately, no matter how much water I drink these days, my skin still can’t keep up with the fast growth. I try to ease it up by applying baby-safe body lotions and oils.
- The Bloody Show:This is what I’ve been talking about – and what freaks most women out at this point. However, some vaginal discharge mixed with some blood is quite normal, from what I’ve been told. At this point, my cervix is very sensitive – which is why the “bloody show” is a common occurrence. It’s a sign that I’ll give birth very soon. The only moment you should worry is when the bloody show gets, well, too bloody. Period-like bloody.
- Anxiety: I’m in a continuous state of “get ready to get the baby out”, which is pretty much stressing me out and fueling my anxiety. I’m overthinking everything – and I go through every worst-case scenario possible, which freaks me out even more. Deep meditative breathing is the only thing that saves the day.
- Swollen Ankles and Feet: The bigger I get, the more I have to excuse myself to go sit on a chair and lift my feet up. I try to mix enough rest with a couple of walks per day so that I get my blood flow going.
- Frequent Urination: Two more weeks of this, and I’ll be able to pee like a normal person – and not a hundred times a day (that’s an overstatement, but it still feels like it). This is because the baby is down on my cervix, pressing more and more on it with each passing day.
Sometimes, I think that I’ll miss being pregnant. However, when I remember the above-mentioned symptoms, I can safely say that I can’t wait for my baby to be born.
At this point, all I can think of is that my baby will be born very soon. I will be able to hold him in my arms and sing him all the lullabies that I’ve learned for him while he was in my belly. I’ll be a mother and I’ll be able to cuddle him to sleep and watch him grow up. Sure, there will be a couple (actually, a lot) of sleepless nights – but in the end, it will all be worth it.
1351Baby shower guest sign in ideas
2533Boy baby shower decorations ideas
23705Intermittent Fasting – Is It Safe For Children?
1607Girl baby shower favors ideas
23715Understanding Poop – Constipation, IBS, and Other Digestive Disorders
23735IBS, Depression, and Skin Problems in Fructose Malabsorption
23759Don’t Overcook Your Meat!
23689It is Safe to Eat Raw Meat – A Guide to Choosing the Right Type
600Baby shower fruit tray ideas
1791TOP 10 Girl baby shower themes ideas for 2017
4319Baby shower afternoon tea ideas
1909Purchase The Special Twin Baby Shower Cakes From Your Local Stores
218710 Useful Triplet baby shower ideas for you!
3923Baby shower snack ideas pinterest
4291High tea baby shower ideas – 10 ways to have a High tea baby shower party!
554Welcoming a Baby Angel in Style with the Best Baby shower souvenir ideas
2041Planning a Baby shower program ideas – detailed guide
23726Four Years Eating Raw Meat
3303Baby shower brunch ideas food
68Baby shower prize ideas
946Baby shower for girls ideas
954Baby shower idea for girl
178Baby shower location ideas
1399Baby shower photo ideas
1036Baby shower unique ideas
236Diy baby shower ideas
1026Circus themed baby shower ideas
444Ideas for baby shower food
2553TOP 10 Baby girl baby shower food ideas
3883Baby shower invite ideas wording
1481Owl baby shower favor ideas
1841Boy baby shower game ideas
28Baby shower game ideas
740Baby shower ideas themes
3591Elegant baby showers ideas
3355Curious george baby shower ideas