Week 32 of Pregnancy – The Peach Fuzz
Description: I have finally finished the last of childbirth-related preparations. These details will not only impact my own well-being – but the baby’s as well. With his hair grown, my baby is now a looker.
“Mommy, watch this!” That’s what I envision my baby saying each time I feel a kick. If I wasn’t convinced that he was a boxer before, I am now. The little one could go into the league now, considering the strength behind his punches.
At this point, I have finished all the details, paperwork, nursery renovations – everything that a baby and our expanded family would need in the beginning. Hopefully, there won’t be an early arrival – and my boy will be patient enough until month 9. Still, better be safe than sorry – since I don’t want childbirth to catch me unprepared.
The Baby at 32 Weeks Pregnant
At this point during the pregnancy, the baby is as big as a squash – which might not seem too big from the outside. However, considering the amniotic sack, it’s fairly obvious why my body looks like it’s one part baby, two parts mommy.
I’ve measured my week 32 belly size. From the top of my uterus to my pelvic bone, it measures a total of 13 inches– from which I’m told, is the average size. I can feel my baby beginning to slowly “drop”, going from my ribs further down to my pelvic bone. It’s like he’s telling me right now that he’s getting ready to be born – and he’s standing near the “doorway.”
My baby boy now has fingernails, toenails – and actual hair on his head. Oh well, at least very decent peach fuzz. In the next two months, the hair will grow even more until my baby has a full head of hair.
I can’t feel his skin, but from what I have read through every week 32 pregnancy guide, it’s supposed to be very smooth and soft now. He is also plumping up for the moment he’s born, and to be honest, I’m pretty scared. I chose to go into natural childbirth, and, while I believe that’s the best way for me to go, I can’t help but wonder how that will go.
Mommy at 32 Weeks Pregnant
My body is making more and more accommodations for the baby – to the point where I kind of already gotten used to it. I have a feeling it will take a while until I get used to not being pregnant anymore.
My blood volume has gone up by 50% now – and all of it has the purpose of keeping my baby warm and nourished. The dreams are also getting weirder and weirder – mainly because I’m probably stressing myself out. Everything fuels up my anxiety now: childbirth, motherhood – I’m even thinking about how I’ll handle my son’s teenage years. I know, I’m crazy – but tell a pregnant mother not to overthink. She’ll overthink her overthinking, which will lead to even more anxiety.
Thinking about childbirth, I’m envisioning who should be in the delivery room (aside from my doctors). Obviously, my husband has to be there. I’d also like my mother to be there – mainly because she has been very supportive throughout my entire pregnancy. And, well, she already knows every step of it. I’ve talked with my husband about it, and he supports my plan.
I’m also considering whether I want to film the eventor not. For one, I don’t want to expose my private parts to a camera, nor do I want to record several hours of my screaming (of which I’m sure there’ll be plenty). At the same time, this will be a big moment – so I want to immortalize it. I’ll think about it more in the next few weeks.
Overall, here are the week 32 pregnancy symptoms that I’vefelt.
- Braxton Hicks Contractions: Yes, even more of them. My body is getting used to the idea of labor, and it keeps sending me dummy signals – and I don’t always know whether they’re false alarms. Several times I thought I’d give birth right there, in my husband’s car. They disappear after I drink some water and change positions – so I guess I should be safe.
- Shortness of Breath: Yes, the baby did go down a bit – and he’s pressing more on the lower side now rather than my upper one. However, the baby is still pretty big – so it’s kind of difficult for me to catch my breath now.
- Heartburn: The baby is getting bigger and bigger – so obviously, he is pressing a lot on my stomach. Not only can I not eat as much as before, but I also get heartburn every so often. My doctor prescribed me some baby-safe antacids to relieve the symptoms.
- Frequent Urination: It’s even worse than before. The baby is going further down towards my pelvic area – which means that he’s pressing down on my bladder even more now. I’m practically living in the bathroom these days.
- Darker Nipples: All of a sudden, my areolas seem like they are getting fairly dark. I don’t know exactly why, because the Internet doesn’t seem to be clad on explanations. One theory is that so the baby can see them better when breastfeeding.
- Leaky Breasts: My boobs apparently can’t wait to breastfeed. My baby hasn’t even been born yet, so I sometimes have to “milk” my breasts to take off the pressure. Milk is building up in there – and since it doesn’t go out, it’s making my breasts hurt a bit.
Aside from the occasional discomfort, this week has been fairly good. My back still hurts – but I’ve already made peace with that symptom.
My baby is almost fully developed – or at least, his organs are. All he needs now is to gain a few more pounds, and he’ll be ready to enter the outside world. I can’t wait until I can finally hold him in my arms.
I’m going to become a mother – in less than two months. As exciting as it might sound, it is also a bit nerve-wrecking. The prospect of motherhood no longer really scares me, as I’ve already grown to love this soul growing inside of me.
1351Baby shower guest sign in ideas
2533Boy baby shower decorations ideas
1607Girl baby shower favors ideas
1791TOP 10 Girl baby shower themes ideas for 2017
600Baby shower fruit tray ideas
23689It is Safe to Eat Raw Meat – A Guide to Choosing the Right Type
4319Baby shower afternoon tea ideas
1909Purchase The Special Twin Baby Shower Cakes From Your Local Stores
3923Baby shower snack ideas pinterest
4291High tea baby shower ideas – 10 ways to have a High tea baby shower party!
218710 Useful Triplet baby shower ideas for you!
23705Intermittent Fasting – Is It Safe For Children?
554Welcoming a Baby Angel in Style with the Best Baby shower souvenir ideas
23735IBS, Depression, and Skin Problems in Fructose Malabsorption
2553TOP 10 Baby girl baby shower food ideas
2463Baby shower ideas pinterest boy
2041Planning a Baby shower program ideas – detailed guide
4315Baby shower centerpieces ideas pictures – 10 methods to brighten your baby shower party
4061Baby boy shower punch ideas
258Baby shower craft ideas
3211Baby shower twins ideas
540Ideas for a boy baby shower
34Ideas for baby shower
712Turtle baby shower ideas
1707Centerpiece ideas for boy baby shower
1387Unique baby shower ideas for a girl
3205Baby shower refreshment ideas
168Baby shower gift ideas for guests
906Circus baby shower ideas
22677Week 37 of Pregnancy – The Final Mile
210Prince themed baby shower ideas
548Christmas baby shower ideas
1144Ideas for places to have a baby shower
23775Food Ratios and How to Keep Weight Down While Pregnant
2475Decorating ideas for baby shower boy
4001Western baby shower centerpiece ideas