Week 28 of Pregnancy – It’s the Final Countdown!
Description: I have finally entered the third trimester! The clock is ticking, and it won’t be long until the baby is born! We’re still thinking baby names, and there are countless options to choose from. We just have to narrow it down to the perfect one and, apparently, we haven’t just yet.
This week’s theme song is Europe’s The Final Countdown – because it marks the start of the third trimester. I don’t know about you, but this makes me very excited about what’s about to follow.
Granted, I am not so excited about some symptoms (e.g. snissing), but I’m excited for other reasons. In just a few more weeks, I will be able to hold my baby! This lovely soul that has been growing inside of me will soon meet his mamma!
Do you want to know how pre-motherhood feels in the 27th week? Here are my notes on it.
The Baby at 28 Weeks Pregnant
At this point during my pregnancy, the baby is as big as an eggplant. He’s putting on layers after layers of fat until he reaches his ideal weight – and he currently measures just a little under 15 inches. He’s about 2.2 pounds now, which means that he is developing nicely.
He can properly blink his eyes, and he also has eyelashes. His eyesight is getting better by the day, and he is now able to see the light that gets filtered through the womb. If I could sneak a peek inside, I could see his hair color. I hope he has mommy’s black hair combined with daddy’s green eyes. He’d surely be a lady killer that way.
Billions of neurons are currently developing in his brain, making him smarter with every passing minute. His muscles and bones have also gotten stronger, and he can now turn his head from one side to another.
At this point, it is likely that he no longer has lanugo – those tiny soft hairs all over his body. It has been replaced by actual hair on his scalp – and he should have a full head by now.
The 28 Week Pregnant Mother
I am officially six months pregnant. Three more to go!As I embark on the seventh month, I can’t believe I made it this far. However, now that I think back to the distant memory of the first trimester, it actually feels real enough.
I’m visiting my doctor every two weeks now, based on her recommendations. These checks will ensure that there are no complications and that I’ll be able to safely deliver when I am due.
At this point, the baby is certainly taking a toll on my body – and I don’t mean just my back. My feet are swollen, and my hands are also following suit. Cramps are making me clutch my legs at night like there’s no tomorrow, and it’s hard for me to find a position that I am comfortable sleeping in.
Moreover, my week 28 belly size is making itself really felt. I can’t bend down to reach my feet right now – which is why all my shoes are now slip-on. In the event that I can’t go with those shoes, my husband helps me. I’m no longer feeling sick like I did in my first trimester – but I still need a lot of support from him.
I’m also feeling contractions every now and again – and I’m not always certain if they are Braxton Hicks or if I’m going into labor. This anxiety prevents me from properly sleeping at night – and if I do, I sometimes dream about going into labor.
For better or for worse, here are the symptoms that have accompanied me throughout my first trimester.
- Sleeping Troubles: I am getting closer and closer to my due date – and my subconscious keeps trying to drive me nuts. I don’t know if it’s hormonal or I’m just stressed, but I’m either experiencing insomnia or nightmares all night long.
- Pain and Aches: My back hurts, my feet hurt, my muscles keep cramping – now that I’m in the third trimester, everything hurts. I found that a maternity support belt helps – especially with my back.
- Braxton Hicks Contraction: Am I going into labor or am I not going into labor? That is the eternal question. These contractions pass after a few minutes, but I could notice that they are getting stronger. Still, if the contractions don’t stop once you have changed your position, my advice is to call your doctor. It might be a sign that you are going into preterm labor.
- Shortness of Breath: Right now, my little resident is crowding every organ possible – including my lungs and diaphragm. Because of this, I sometimes find it difficult to breathe– particularly when I’m exertingany effort. When that happens, I try to not push it too hard – and take breaks as often as possible.
- Leaky Breasts: The baby hasn’t been born yet, but my breasts aren’t taking any chances. If the baby is born early, my milk ducts are already starting to leak his food – and in bigger quantities than before. I have a feeling I’ll have to start “milking” them very soon.
- Snissing: Have you ever sneezed during a time when you really wanted to go to a bathroom? Well, with a normal bladder, you can hold it – although it’s difficult. With a bladder that is crowded by a baby, however, it’s not as easy – and sometimes, a bit of urine does leak out.
While the week 28 symptoms are not so bad, they are still uncomfortable. To make things better, I try to take it as easy as possible.
The baby is growing, andmommy is trying to stand – but overall, it is a fairly good week. Sure, I could do with a little extra sleep – but I’ll be able to do that later. Hopefully, after the baby turns at least two and learns to sleep through the night…
This is my week 28 pregnancy guide for you. Hopefully, you managed to find some reassurance in it – because I know you are probably reading it at strange hours of the night after you’ve had another Braxton Hicks contraction.
1351Baby shower guest sign in ideas
2533Boy baby shower decorations ideas
1607Girl baby shower favors ideas
23705Intermittent Fasting – Is It Safe For Children?
23689It is Safe to Eat Raw Meat – A Guide to Choosing the Right Type
23715Understanding Poop – Constipation, IBS, and Other Digestive Disorders
1791TOP 10 Girl baby shower themes ideas for 2017
23735IBS, Depression, and Skin Problems in Fructose Malabsorption
600Baby shower fruit tray ideas
4319Baby shower afternoon tea ideas
1909Purchase The Special Twin Baby Shower Cakes From Your Local Stores
218710 Useful Triplet baby shower ideas for you!
3923Baby shower snack ideas pinterest
4291High tea baby shower ideas – 10 ways to have a High tea baby shower party!
23759Don’t Overcook Your Meat!
554Welcoming a Baby Angel in Style with the Best Baby shower souvenir ideas
2041Planning a Baby shower program ideas – detailed guide
2553TOP 10 Baby girl baby shower food ideas
1186Baby shower invitations ideas for a girl
3651Decorating baby shower ideas
1241Baby boy shower invitation ideas
672Pink and purple baby shower ideas
1062Baby girl shower favor ideas
2589Boy baby shower table decoration ideas
2391715 Best electric cars for kids in 2018
604Ideas for baby boy shower
3231Pinterest girl baby shower ideas
3619Boy baby shower ideas centerpieces
3077Do it yourself baby shower favor ideas
970Homemade baby shower decorations ideas
4137Pinterest baby shower ideas girl
428Girl baby shower gift ideas
23771Getting In Shape After Pregnancy
754Baby shower favor ideas girl
2149Quick baby shower ideas
402Baby boy shower gift ideas