Top 8 baby sitting chairs
|Summer Infant 3-Stage SuperSeat Deluxe Giggles Island||https://www.amazon.com/Summer-Infant-3-Stage-SuperSeat-Giggles/dp/B00BBKLWWI/?tag=wwwomegacenter-20||From 4 months to 4 years||A beautiful chair with 6 toys and a tray. Can be used both indoors and outdoors. Suitable for feeding.|
|Earlyears Discovery Seat||https://www.amazon.com/Earlyears-E00396-Discovery-Seat/dp/B079M4PB1Z/?tag=wwwomegacenter-20||From 6 to 18 months||Very light, bright and cute. Easy to move. The cover is machine washable.|
|Fisher-Price Sit-Me-Up Floor Seat with Toy Tray, Lion||https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Sit-Me-Up-Floor-Seat-Tray/dp/B072LNTRGK/?tag=wwwomegacenter-20||For kids that can sit already, 18 months and up||Shaped as a lion, with squeaky paws. Easy to fold. Complete with a tray, a pallet and toys.|
|Baby Sofa Learn Sitting Chair Nursery Support Seat Pillow Protector Plush Cushion Toys for Toddler Infant Leopard by Balai||https://www.amazon.com/Sitting-Nursery-Support-Protector-Balai/dp/B076KQGT2C/?tag=wwwomegacenter-20||From 3 months to 1 year||Helps to sit upright, supports the back, prevents burping. Universal. Machine washable.|
|Summer Infant 3-Stage SuperSeat, Forest Friends||https://www.amazon.com/Summer-Infant-3-Stage-SuperSeat-Friends/dp/B01683ZL74/?tag=wwwomegacenter-20||From 4 months to 4 years||Has toys, straps and trays for playing. Grows with the child.|
|Bumbo Floor Seat For Baby||https://www.amazon.com/Bumbo-B10056-Floor-Seat-Blue/dp/B0092NNQ98/?tag=wwwomegacenter-20||From 3 to 9 months||A portable chair with a foam restraint belt. Helps your child’s posture. Lots of colors to choose from.|
|Hugaboo Infant Sitting Chair||https://www.amazon.com/Hugaboo-Infant-Sitting-Yellow-Months/dp/B00I4ERW8W?tag=wwwomegacenter-20||From 2 months||A portable comfortable machine washable seat.|
|Makaor Baby Safe Seat||https://www.amazon.com/Makaor-Infant-Support-Cushion-Nursing/dp/B0754GRT2C/?tag=wwwomegacenter-20||From 0 to 2 years||Soft and affordable, designed to teach the kid how to sit upright. Machine washable.|
- We’ve tested the Summer Infant Chair in all three modes. You can use it as a playground at home on the floor, as a chair for outdoor activities or take it on a trip.
- This chair for infant provides good posture (the kid is always comfortable) and safety (it comes with straps).
- It’s good to use this infant’s support seat for feeding as well, especially when the kid’s acting up and doesn’t want to eat. The toys help persuade the small meany.
- The manufacturer has several modifications of this infant chair. Our baby girl loved the pink set with a monkey and a parrot. However, the neutral purple and green is supposed to be the most popular.
- This seat is recommended to the kids who are only just starting to learn to sit upright. It supports the body from the back and from the sides and also prevents the child from falling over forward.
- This is the most user-friendly baby sitting support chair of all: it’s easy to wash (even in a washing machine)!
- Perfect for kids between 6 and 18 months. We got it as a gift when our daughter was 12 months old. She was inseparable from it for several months.
- Bright colors don’t fade with time and are just as attractive to kids as in the beginning.
- It comes with a tray, a pallet and clip-on clacker rings (good for fine motor skill development).
- The lion’s paws squeak when the baby kicks them. His mom can hear it from another room and realize that the kid’s nervous or wants to get out.
- This support seat for baby is easy to fold. When folded, it poses no problem to move it anywhere. The cushions are removable and washable.
- This model is our choice for kids who can already sit upright but haven’t learnt to get out of the chair yet.
Baby Sofa Learn Sitting Chair Nursery Support Seat Pillow Protector Plush Cushion Toys for Toddler Infant Leopard by Balai
- Good for kids that are only just learning to sit upright and need extra support.
- This pillow sit up support for little babies is made of safe polyester that guarantees good posture and comfort under any circumstances.
- When our family doctor saw our girl using this seat, he said that it helps prevent gastroesophageal reflux.
- It’s designed with three openings that support the body and position the legs providing comfort and safety.
- My wife really appreciated the fact that the cover is machine-washable.
- Three-point harness keeps the kid in his place and prevents him from falling down. I really appreciated it as a parent – no need to worry, the child is safe!
- The chair comes with four toys. Kids love new toys more than anything.
- Extra (removable) trays for playing can spin 360 degrees giving their little user a full view and freedom.
- We took this chair for infant to restaurants and to visit some friends. It’s nice that the kid can sit at the table with adults.
- This baby floor seat is designed for your child’s posture. It softly cultivates the technique of sitting on a chair with the back up straight.
- I appreciated the safety belt. It’s a must with modern active kids.
- If need be you can buy an extra tray from the same manufacturer and get a desk-like set. But straps were sufficient for us.
- This chair for toddlers comes in different colors: turquoise, red, blue, light green, pink, gray, purple etc. We wanted it to match the color of the nursery and, since we have a girl, chose the pink one.
- It’ made of polyester so it’s machine washable (use only the delicate cycle).
- The cover is nice to the touch and doesn’t irritate the baby’s skin. I’d sit in it myself if I could. 🙂
- It’s best to use this chair for short games, playing with parents or exploring the world around.
- Thanks to its portability, this infant’s sitting chair is easy to move from one room to another. My wife also puts the toys inside for the night.
- It’s very nice and soft to touch. At the same time, this pillow sit up for baby is bouncy and flexible and can hold the kid’s spine in the correct position.
- You can use this seat anywhere in the house. We took it to the kitchen, to the nursery and even to the bathroom!
- It has the lowest price among its competitors.
- I’d recommend buying a support seat for infants when the kid is only just learning to sit upright. It will become a good teacher. Your baby won’t even realize that he knows how to sit now!
Recommendations for parents:
How to choose a chair for your toddler:
- On the average, a child learns to sit between 5 and 8 months. Our baby girl started trying to sit at 6 months. We wanted to find her an aid in advance – a chair for toddler. It turned out that these chairs come in different sizes and shapes. One needs to take into account a child’s age and weight, as well as his preferences (color, toys etc.). I didn’t know it back then, so I bought the first one to match the colors of the nursery, the second – following the doctor’s recommendation and the third one – together with the kid. This last one served us the longest.
- It’s important to take the functionality into account as well. A chair can be universal or purpose-oriented, e.g. designed specifically to provide the best support for the child’s spine when sitting. Universal seats are more convenient, as you can also feed the kid in it and take it on the road. However, they break faster due to extensive usage.
- It’s better to choose products with quality certificates in compliance with existing standards, as well as those that are easy to clean and service (specifically, with a removable cover). Friends of ours bought a Chinese item with no certificate and it broke in a week. Thank God it did, as it was clearly made with a colorant not suitable for kids.
- The safety of your new piece of furniture is also very important. The item should protect the baby from all sides and, ideally, also have special straps. I’m fond of straps in general. Our kid is very active, and they’ve saved us many times.
Different varieties of support seats
Different modifications of toddler chairs
- One-piece chairs. Mostly made of light and solid foam. They have a hole for sitting and special holes for legs. Usually you have to buy extra straps and trays for them to make them multifunctional. I can only recommend this option with some extra equipment.
- Plastic items. Plastic floor seats are often a combination of a chair and a desk. Some manufacturers add a set of bright toys to their chairs for toddler, which makes their product even more attractive to kids. My daughter rates it 10 out of 10. The key is – more toys!
- Soft modifications, including cushions. Most parents find this one to be the best type of a chair as it’s absolutely safe for the child, is easy to wash and provides maximum comfort. Doctors recommend it as well. Another advantage is that when your kid grows out of it, you get a new soft cushion for yourself. My wife, for example is reading a book on the sofa and leaning on the cushion right now.
- Inflatable seats are baby floor seats for trips. They are easy to take on the road, to move around and to inflate when need be. They don’t always last long, but can be a great option for traveling light. Frankly, I don’t recommend using them every day.
- Depending on the type of your infant support seat, you can either unpack it and start using it at once or assemble it first.
- One-piece chairs and soft cushions don’t require assembly, but to be on the safe side you can clean them before the first use (clean with foam or wash the cover on delicate cycle).
- Plastic multi-element chairs for toddler require assembly with minimum tools. I only needed a screwdriver to connect all details. The manufacturers realize that very often it’s the mom who assembles the chair, so they make everything as easy and clear as possible.
- Prior to assembly, it’s good to read the manufacturer’s recommendations, or at least ask for the salesperson’s advice. I once tried to put the handrail in the wrong place and almost broke the whole thing.
How to use a floor seat for baby
- If the seat is assembled correctly you only need to put the baby in as described in the instructions. It’s really easy and usually self-explanatory. There are also pictures on the boxes showing how a baby is supposed to sit in the chair.
- You need to put the baby in so that his legs are in the special holes and his back is against the back of the chair. Put the legs through the holes carefully, sit the baby on his bottom and you’re done!
- You need to put a soft guard in the front – a tray or safety belts, depending on the type of the chair. Personally, I prefer belts or a tray with toys.
- If the design includes some extra elements, like clip-on rings with toys, you need to put them in place. But that’s a piece of cake too. All done? Enjoy the seat!
1351Baby shower guest sign in ideas
2533Boy baby shower decorations ideas
1607Girl baby shower favors ideas
23705Intermittent Fasting – Is It Safe For Children?
23689It is Safe to Eat Raw Meat – A Guide to Choosing the Right Type
23715Understanding Poop – Constipation, IBS, and Other Digestive Disorders
1791TOP 10 Girl baby shower themes ideas for 2017
23735IBS, Depression, and Skin Problems in Fructose Malabsorption
600Baby shower fruit tray ideas
4319Baby shower afternoon tea ideas
1909Purchase The Special Twin Baby Shower Cakes From Your Local Stores
218710 Useful Triplet baby shower ideas for you!
3923Baby shower snack ideas pinterest
4291High tea baby shower ideas – 10 ways to have a High tea baby shower party!
23759Don’t Overcook Your Meat!
554Welcoming a Baby Angel in Style with the Best Baby shower souvenir ideas
2041Planning a Baby shower program ideas – detailed guide
2553TOP 10 Baby girl baby shower food ideas
4141Theme ideas for baby shower
534Baby girl shower food ideas
2239Unique baby boy shower ideas
1659Ideas for baby shower game prizes
4191Baby shower ideas coed
888Cute baby shower ideas for a girl
2691New ideas for baby shower
2765Girl safari baby shower ideas
1381Mustache themed baby shower ideas
2237Simba baby shower ideas
576Diaper ideas for baby shower
3305Boy baby shower cakes ideas
1261Home baby shower ideas
800Surprise baby shower ideas
2437Construction themed baby shower ideas
1363Baby shower center piece ideas
1190Food ideas for baby showers
338Baby shower photo booth ideas