Skating. Children on wheels
Each case is the unique one, and at Skating. Children on wheels website there is hardly something that will not be able to satisfy any of them. It will provide you with dozens of unique ideas that will help you to organize a real celebration for your child.
A recreational activity that helps develop balance and body harmony
Skating is a sport that never goes out of style. According to the Royal Academy of the Language, skating is 'sliding or sliding with skates on a hard, flat and very smooth pavement, or on the ice'. Skating is, therefore, a recreational activity at the same time as a sport that helps to develop balance and maintain body harmony through their movements and exercises.
Skating and children
Skating is a good technique that can help children become familiar with the movement on the skates and develop various movements on wheels. There are two types of roller skates:
- On the one hand there is the typical rubber four-wheel skate arranged parallel to the axles.
- On the other hand is the line skate, known as roller blades or rollers, formed by three or four rubber wheels in a straight line on the same axis.
There are also skates that instead of wheels use a blade located on an axis. These are special for ice.
How to start skating
If your child likes to get on the skates and slide on the pavement, you can sign up for skating lessons so that you can take more safety and better control your balance. The objective of the skating classes, apart from being based on exercises and games to teach and entertain children, is that children learn basic skills of displacement and acquire balance and dexterity to change direction, skate with obstacles – slalom -, participate in races and learn some basic positions of figure skating. In general, children can start skating from 4 years. The groups or categories are usually children from 4 to 6 years old, from 7 to 12 and from 12 years old.
Benefits of skating for children
Skating is a healthy and enjoyable experience but, beyond that, one of the most important lessons is to learn to fall to avoid serious injuries. Among the benefits provided by skating we can highlight:
- Activates blood circulation.
- Strengthens and strengthens the muscles of the legs.
- It allows to acquire great balance.
- Develop concentration and control of learning.
- Burn calories.
- Improves physical endurance.
- Strengthens the lung and the heart.
Care on wheels
For children to move safely and do not lose confidence, it is necessary to follow some precautionary guidelines in the practice of this fun sport:
- Use a special helmet, approved and well adjusted, to prevent blows to the head when they fall.
- Use knee pads and elbow pads to protect the joints.
- Use wristbands to avoid fractures or dislocation of the wrist. A protection in the palm of the hand can protect the child from possible falls.
- Avoid skating on uneven surfaces, with stones, holes, sticks, oils, sand or water.
- You should not skate on streets or roads.
- Do not hold on cars or bicycles when running on skates.
- Wear comfortable but sturdy clothing.
- Health and Medicines. Mexico
- Official online Skating school. Barcelona