Fun Exercises for Preschoolers: the Easiest Way to Get Kids Interested in Sports
It’s not a surprise that your 4-year-old child doesn’t recognize the importance and benefits of sports. Here are some ideas of activities that help to turn exercise time into a game.
Why do children need a regular physical activity?
It’s rather difficult to bring a healthy life in adulthood. So it is extremely important to teach a child to live an active life in childhood. The earlier you start, the more effective your attempts are. Starting from the first years of your baby’s life you can already provide some exercises for him or her. The most simple but regular exercise will help your child grow up healthy and strong.
The National Association for Sport and Physical Education has created a list of international standards for appropriate practices preschoolers should get in a day. According to them:
- Kids need to have at least 1 hour of structured physical activity per each day.
- Also they need to engage in more than several hours of unstructured daily physical activity.
- Meanwhile staying sedentary shouldn’t continue more than 60 min.
- The role of adults responsible for children is crucial in attempts of providing opportunities for structured and unstructured physical activity for them.
- An access to indoor and outdoor areas is important for providing exercise for preschooler.
Unusual lifehacks for indoor activities
Of course, you can buy a bicycle for your child or equip a nice playground near the house. But there is no need for them when it rains or snow falls. Indoor exercise for preschoolers can become a simple way to mix fitness with interactive games. It can work right in a living room or big children’s room. An exercise won’t be boring if you focus on the fun. For the best result a preschool exercise theme can be presented everywhere: in the film your kid watches, in the fairytales you tell to your toddler. It even can be an image on wallpaper in the room. You can use all sports equipment, toys or furniture you have during exercise. Don’t forget to turn on the music your child loves. Remember that even small children pick parents as their major role model.
Examples of fun indoor activities
Here is a list of ideas of fun exercises for preschoolers to encourage healthy habits at an early age. Promise your kid will have the happiest time ever after trying them.
- Warming-up. Start your morning exercises with simple actions. Roll your head from the left to right, move your shoulders up and down, bend your body forward and lean back.
- Squat jump. Ask your child to sit down about 5 times and up with a jump.
- Animal race. Jump like a frog or hop like a rabbit. There are a lot of ways to imitate how animals move.
- Jogging in place till the music stops.
- Dance and freeze. Let’s dance and shake your body! But you need to stop and freeze in some pose when the music stops.
- Football with a balloon. There are so many ways you can play with a balloon. For example, blow up a balloon and throw it from your foot. Ask your child to do the same.
- Do a backbend.
- Stretching. Children, as well as adults, are recommended to finish fitness exercises with stretching.
If the child does not get something try to do exercises together. Don’t forget to praise and encourage your baby. Then your child will be inspired to do exercises the next time.
Pros and cons of indoor exercises for kids
Do you believe an exercise is only helpful for your kid? Here we show two faces of the issue.
Moreover, the regular exercises help your kid to sleep better. They also prepare preschooler for taking up different life challenges – from physical activity to developing mental skills.
1351Baby shower guest sign in ideas
2533Boy baby shower decorations ideas
1607Girl baby shower favors ideas
23705Intermittent Fasting – Is It Safe For Children?
23689It is Safe to Eat Raw Meat – A Guide to Choosing the Right Type
23715Understanding Poop – Constipation, IBS, and Other Digestive Disorders
1791TOP 10 Girl baby shower themes ideas for 2017
23735IBS, Depression, and Skin Problems in Fructose Malabsorption
600Baby shower fruit tray ideas
4319Baby shower afternoon tea ideas
1909Purchase The Special Twin Baby Shower Cakes From Your Local Stores
218710 Useful Triplet baby shower ideas for you!
3923Baby shower snack ideas pinterest
4291High tea baby shower ideas – 10 ways to have a High tea baby shower party!
23759Don’t Overcook Your Meat!
554Welcoming a Baby Angel in Style with the Best Baby shower souvenir ideas
2041Planning a Baby shower program ideas – detailed guide
2553TOP 10 Baby girl baby shower food ideas
776Baby shower treat ideas
742Disney baby shower ideas
1879Baby shower owl ideas
2749Baby shower food table ideas
1068Brunch baby shower menu ideas
4011Planning baby shower ideas
3105Unique baby shower ideas for girl
1771Baby shower announcement ideas
4175Baby shower ideas youtube
23793Recovery From Leaky Gut and Food Allergies
3621Baby shower ideas for girls food
2855Ideas for baby shower for a girl
3851Cool ideas for baby shower
4073Baby shower invitation ideas boy
1667Dr seuss baby shower decoration ideas
2575Baby shower for twins boy and girl ideas
1253Prince baby shower centerpiece ideas
2291Pinterest boy baby shower ideas