6 Best oil for baby skin
The baby’s skin is very delicate and this is why it should be treated with specific creams for newborns, such as moisturizing and nourishing lotions or protective pastes that protect the skin from any irritation caused by contact with the diaper. Also oil for children and, in particular, oil for babies is a panacea for sensitive skin: emollients and soothing are the ideal products for a pleasant massage.
1. Best oil to use on baby skin: Johnson’s Baby Oil
Johnson oil is one of the most famous and used products for personal care, but above all for children. It is described as moisturizing, soothing and soothing oil, perfect for the skin of newborns. It is easily available, fragrant and not expensive, which makes this product one of the must-haves of mothers around the globe.
Among the many controversies that occasionally break into the network and that animate bitter discussions between mothers, one of those is against Johnson’s Baby Oil. We believe that in this world everyone expresses its freedom through the products it chooses to buy. What we find it hard to accept is the demonization and mystification of products, which suddenly turn into “enemies”. It raises a fuss made of “hearsay” and crazy shares in which it is difficult to find the head and the tail and give tremendous labels as “dangerous” or even “carcinogenic” (and with this word we get the maximum always attention) without the minimum support of valid studies and in a totally irrational way. Also in the case of Johnson’s Oil we found a dense network of false myths and urban legends seasoned by some commonplace and fueled by irrationality and easy conclusions.
- Liquid paraffin is not a natural ingredient.
Liquid paraffin is a derivative purified from petroleum which is a Natural product as it derives from the decomposition of animal and plant fossils. Once refined up to 99%, or cleaned of chemical impurities, liquid paraffin is a safe product from all points of view, as the European Pharmacopoeia, the American Pharmacopoeia and the FDA no doubt affirm. However, liquid paraffin remains derivative of petroleum and not petroleum itself, as we read around, just as Sodium Chloride is not seawater, even if it is contained in it. Among all the petroleum derivatives with which we daily dress, cook, store and administer foods, liquids and drugs, we make up and come into contact in endless other ways paraffin oil is certainly the purest and probably the safest.
- Johnson Oil has a bad INCI.
The INCI is a chemical nomenclature, and as such it cannot have any negative meaning. It is a name decided by convention and attributed to a substance.
- Johnson Oil does not moisturize but occludes the pores and does not allow the skin to breathe.
The oil actually forms a thin lipid layer that prevents the evaporation of transepidermal water, while maintaining hydration. It is the same identical mechanism that activates the skin itself producing the sebum, which has the same function. In fact, therefore, we reproduce a natural mechanism that exactly serves to maintain hydration. Furthermore, when we apply oil on wet skin we mechanically create an emulsion, as emulsions are in fact all creams (which contain a lipid part and a hydrophilic part).
- Johnson’s Oil is not safe for children.
Paraffin oil is also used on atopic dermatitis because it is delicate and inert, clinical studies and the long presence on the market show that the product does not endanger the health of children in any way.
- Johnson’s Oil is tested on animals.
Apart from that the formulation is so dated that any animal experimentation would be useless and senseless, and then in Europe it is forbidden not only animal experimentation for cosmetics but also the commercialization of cosmetics experimented on animals. So no Johnson’s product is tested on animals. It is approved by the European Pharmacopoeia and by the FDA and undergoes very strict controls not only at microbiological level, but also at the level of the machines that are used to produce it.
2. Best oil for baby skin massage: Mustela Moisturizing Oil for Baby Massage
The Mustela baby range consists of products based on very soft natural and hypoallergenic ingredients, without parabens, without phthalates or phenoxyethanol for a greater respect for hair and fragile skin of children from birth.
The Mustela Moisturizing Oil for Baby Massage is ideal for sharing moments of tenderness and relaxation right from the beginning with your child. The moisturizing and emollient action makes the massage even more pleasurable, encouraging the sensorial experience of the child, helping to strengthen the skin barrier and to preserve the cellular capital of the skin thanks above all to the 99% natural ingredients. Thanks to its texture, it makes the massage pleasant, leaves the skin dry and hydrated, favoring the child’s sensory experience. Emollient and nourishing, thanks to the exclusive mix of vegetable oils leave the skin soft and silky. Thanks to the new formulation, enriched with avocado oil, protective and regenerating, the moisturizing oil for the massage helps to strengthen the skin barrier of the child, preserving the cellular capital of his skin.
- It is quickly absorbed: 93%
- After application the skin is not sticky: 90%
- Leaves the skin soft and hydrated: 98%
- Adequacy of the product compared to massage (opinions provided by professionals): Physiotherapists: 100% positive opinions; Midwives: 88% of positive opinions
- 99% of ingredients are of natural origin
- 0% parabens, phthalates, phenoxyethanol, essential oils, mineral oils, silicones
- Hypoallergenic formulation, with high tolerability
- Main active ingredients of natural origin: Avocado oil: moisturizing, regenerating and protective. Pomegranate seed oil: soothing, repairing and nourishing. Sunflower oil: restructuring, revitalizing and moisturizing. Fatty acids: antioxidant, regenerating and protective action. (100% vegetable oil)
- Tested under dermatological and pediatric control, for safe use
Spray a small amount of moisturizing oil on the palm of your hand and warm it in your hands before applying it to the child’s body. You can massage the child as many times as you want, if the child shows to like it. The moisturizing oil can be applied from birth.
3. Burt’s Bees Baby Nourishing Baby Oil
This honey-scented and apricot-flavored oil is ideal for hydrating your baby’s delicate skin. It is a rich mixture of vitamins that leaves the skin smooth, elastic and soft, as well as sweetly scented. Apricot seed oil, grape seed oil and wheat germ and sunflower oil are a natural aid for the hydration of the child’s delicate skin. How to use: mix an oil cap directly in the bath or as massage oil after bathing.
4. Which oil is best for baby massage for fair skin: Motherlove Birth & Baby Oil
Motherlove Birth & Baby Oil contains only organic lavender flowers and apricot oil: a very delicate oil ideal to massage on the skin of the newborn baby. Lavender flowers, with their delicious and relaxing scent, take care of the most delicate skin. The apricot oil is a vegetable oil obtained by cold pressing of kernels that are found inside the fruit of the homonymous plant; it is known for its elasticizing, emollient and protective action, and is ideal for dry and delicate skin.
Infant massage is a special way of being in contact with your child and an extraordinary opportunity for communication and interaction with him. Some of the main benefits of infant massage are the interaction between parent and child, the stimulation of various organs and systems, the relief of various illnesses and disorders, the relaxation of both the recipient and the person offering the massage…
Used on the milk crust, on skin reddened or with irritations, on dry and chapped skin, it is curative and nourishing. The Birth & Baby Oil, thanks to its elasticizing action, is ideal to massage on the perineal area in preparation for delivery and during labor. Born for the mother and the newborn, but in reality takes care of the skin of the whole family in a natural way!
Indications for use:
- massaging small amounts of oil on the perineal area to make it more elastic in preparation for delivery
- gently massage the baby’s skin after bathing or at any time of the day
- nourishes and moisturizes the skin of the baby
- spread several times a day on areas where the milk crust is present
- ideal on cracked and reddened face skin
- dilute a few drops of oil in the bath water
- multipurpose oil useful for the whole family
- scent of delicate and relaxing lavender
- it is easily absorbed and not greasy
Apricot oil, benefits in cosmetics:
- In cosmetics, apricot oil is highly valued for its beneficial properties on the skin; it is an excellent emollient, elasticizing and protective. It is particularly appreciated by those who suffer from dry skin, as it stimulates the production of sebum, thus regulating the hydrolipidic film, essential for the health of the epidermis
- It can also be used as a natural anti-wrinkle; thoroughly moisturizes the skin and fights free radicals, preventing the natural signs of aging
- Thanks to the phytosterols, the skin microcirculation is improved and there is a further barrier against harmful UV rays.
- It can also protect the skin from the sun during the warmer months thanks to its soothing and protective action, but be careful not to use it in direct sunlight; otherwise it has the opposite effect
5. Best oil for baby skin care: Weleda Comforting Baby Oil
The Weleda Comforting Baby Oil is not perfumed and is ideal for daily skin care and cleansing of the diaper area. The extracts of calendula from controlled biological agriculture have a calming effect on the skin. Pure vegetable oils gently nourish the skin and promote the creation of a protective layer on the skin, which will allow your baby to develop in a healthy environment. The Weleda Comforting Baby Oil for baby skin care promotes the healthy development of the baby’s soft skin. The best ingredients, carefully selected, guarantee a particularly delicate and effective skin care.
The Weleda line for children protects and nourishes the baby’s skin from the first day of life with the most precious ingredients of nature. These products have been developed by doctors and pharmacists and are specially tailored to the needs of the delicate skin of infants and children.
Weleda has developed a product line based on organic calendula without preservatives, colorings, mineral oils and synthetic fragrances. The Baby Line with Calendula Bio proposes formulas with 100% certified natural ingredients, as pure vegetable oils obtained from the squeezing of flowers and seeds dried in the sun. In particular it is useful to know that:
- the company has always dedicated great care in the cultivation of calendula: for over 80 years it has been cultivating it directly in Schwäbisch Gmünd, Germany, in the largest biodynamic garden in Europe it owns
- biodynamic agriculture guarantees the vitality of the soil, which in turn gives the maximum vital energy to the cultivated plants
To allow the calendula to develop its healing qualities to the best, Weleda production pays great attention to:
- a scrupulous selection of biodynamic sowing and regular care of the plants in the fields
- careful selection of the plants: the flowers are selected and collected manually at dawn (when the sun has dried the dew) to transfer all the heat they store directly in the products that will be subsequently produced
In the first days and months of life baby’s skin is five times thinner than that of an adult, it is delicate and defenseless and cannot yet perform all the protective functions. For this reason it is necessary to use very natural and delicate products like products included in the Calendula Baby Care range.
6. Best oil for baby skin and hair: Earth Mama Angel Baby’s Angel Baby Oil
The neonatal massage, by now we know it, has innumerable advantages and physical, psychic and emotional benefits both for those who receive it and for those who do it, but often a mother asks herself which oil is right to use. Calendula Baby Oil is really versatile and is used for infant massage, dry skin and scalp (the milk crust is a form of rather common infantile seborrheic dermatitis, which usually occurs on the head of newborns, probably due to the effect of maternal hormones that stimulate the activity of the sebaceous glands).
It is made from calendula-infused grape seed baby oil blend. It is a clinically tested product without synthetic dyes, perfumes and preservatives.
How to use:
- Spread a small amount of oil on the skin and massage gently until completely absorbed
- Given its safe use, it is used to relieve and soothe children’s skin from nappy rashes, itching or simply to protect the skin before or after bathing
- Anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial, ideal against skin inflammation, eczema and diaper rash
It nourishes dry and delicate skin, moisturizes and soothes the discomfort thanks to its rich oil plant. It is high tolerance and hypoallergenic formula to avoid irritating the skin.
After birth, your baby loses the protective area of the stomach where he lived for 9 months and enters a whole new world. Its delicate skin forms the boundary between internal and external environment. Since the baby’s skin is much thinner and more sensitive than the mother’s, it has special needs for support, care and protection.
Calendula is a plant particularly friendly to the skin, thanks to its healing, soothing and antiseptic properties. The preparations with the extract of the calendula flowers are valid aids in the treatment of irritations, redness and other skin problems. The calendula has repeated blooms from May to November; its flowers are orange-yellow and, like sunflowers, follow the sun. It is a strong plant, which grows in an orderly and organized way and is able to defend itself against insects and pests. In the flowers and in the green parts the plant has carotenoids, flavonoids and essential oils. Preparations based on Calendula officinalis, rich in triterpenes, flavonoids, polysaccharides, carotenes and phytosterols, support the normal physiological functions of the skin.
All products described are formulated to reduce the risk of intolerance and are suitable for sensitive skin. They are in fact Nickel Tested, without preservatives, without fragrance, without gluten, and made with strictly selected and controlled ingredients.
1351Baby shower guest sign in ideas
2533Boy baby shower decorations ideas
23705Intermittent Fasting – Is It Safe For Children?
1607Girl baby shower favors ideas
23715Understanding Poop – Constipation, IBS, and Other Digestive Disorders
23735IBS, Depression, and Skin Problems in Fructose Malabsorption
23689It is Safe to Eat Raw Meat – A Guide to Choosing the Right Type
600Baby shower fruit tray ideas
23759Don’t Overcook Your Meat!
1791TOP 10 Girl baby shower themes ideas for 2017
4319Baby shower afternoon tea ideas
1909Purchase The Special Twin Baby Shower Cakes From Your Local Stores
218710 Useful Triplet baby shower ideas for you!
3923Baby shower snack ideas pinterest
4291High tea baby shower ideas – 10 ways to have a High tea baby shower party!
554Welcoming a Baby Angel in Style with the Best Baby shower souvenir ideas
2041Planning a Baby shower program ideas – detailed guide
23710The Carnivore’s Dilemma – A Diet of Just Meats and Fats?
3079Sheet cake baby shower ideas
78Baby shower decoration ideas for boy
23793Recovery From Leaky Gut and Food Allergies
3591Elegant baby showers ideas
218Royal baby shower ideas
2091Baby girl baby shower cake ideas
1225Baby shower duck ideas
23712If You Think Kids Can’t Make Big Diet Changes, Think Again!
2325Baby shower girl centerpiece ideas
1329Thing 1 and thing 2 baby shower ideas
2553TOP 10 Baby girl baby shower food ideas
2257Cupcake ideas for baby shower girl
23792Primal Pizza, Rolls, and Crackers
4049Baby shower keepsakes ideas
4201Ideas for baby shower invitations for a girl
1887Baby boy baby shower themes ideas
2241Baby boy baby shower decorating ideas
3021Inexpensive baby shower gift ideas