Physical Development Milestones for Toddlers (1-2 years)
This section of the site aims to explain you Physical Development Milestones achieved by your toddler in his second year.
Aah so you have celebrated your baby’s first birthday… Wow. Now your little angel will be called a toddler, status raised you see. Gradually your baby has got quite a control on his physical movements. So now you need to help him to become a self-sufficient individual, branching out into the world with you as a guide of course.
Most Important thing that we need to understand in this phase is that toddlers, like babies, don’t develop in linear progression. There are lots of bumps and humps. The period before a big step is often one of disorganization – nothing seems to go right, then all of sudden, the child is walking or talking. Progress may slow down, or even step backwards at times of stress. But with adequate support from parents at such times, help toddler to get right on the forward track.
By beginning of the second year your baby will have developed a wealth of skills on which to build new ones. He has progressed from an infant, dependent on you to meet his needs, to a very definite personality in his own right.
During your baby’s second year he is using all his senses to gain experience and understanding of his world. Physical skills are greatly increased through mobility, and mobility is increased through the development and practice of physical skills.
By the age of 24 months, your toddler will have more in common with an adult than with his newborn self in terms of abilities.
The Thirteenth Month
- Pull up to standing position.
- Get into sitting position.
- Clap hands.
- Indicate wants in ways other than crying.
- May stand alone.
- Use one recognizable word.
- May remove an article of clothing
- Point to a desired object.
- Scribble if been given pencils or crayons at this stage.
- Point to body parts, if been told repeatedly.
- May start walking.
The Fourteenth Month
- Put an object into container.
- Stand alone.
- Follow 1-step verbal command without gestures.
- May bend over and pick up an object.
- May start walking.
- Build a tower.
- May start running if he has started walking earlier.
The Fifteenth to Seventeenth month
- He can walk well.
- He can speak up to 5-15 words.
- He can drink from a cup holding with his both hands.
- He listen to stories.
- Point to one body part when asked.
- He can start eating using spoon or fork.
- Tends to use both hands equally well.
- Shows loving behavior to toy or pet.
- Imitate activities.
The Eighteenth to Twentieth Month
- He can walk up the stairs with help.
- He likes to play with other children.
- Kick a ball forward.
- Follow a 2-step command without gestures.
- Identify 1 picture by naming.
- May start running.
- Point to body part when asked.
The Twenty-First to Twenty-Fourth month
- Use almost 6 words or more
- Walk up steps
- Jump up
- Build a tower of 6 cubes.
- Brush teeth with help.
- May start combining words.
- Put an article of clothing.
- Identify 4 items in a picture or book by naming.
- Use 50+ single words.
- Take-off an article of clothing.
1351Baby shower guest sign in ideas
2533Boy baby shower decorations ideas
1607Girl baby shower favors ideas
23705Intermittent Fasting – Is It Safe For Children?
1791TOP 10 Girl baby shower themes ideas for 2017
23689It is Safe to Eat Raw Meat – A Guide to Choosing the Right Type
600Baby shower fruit tray ideas
4319Baby shower afternoon tea ideas
23735IBS, Depression, and Skin Problems in Fructose Malabsorption
23715Understanding Poop – Constipation, IBS, and Other Digestive Disorders
1909Purchase The Special Twin Baby Shower Cakes From Your Local Stores
218710 Useful Triplet baby shower ideas for you!
3923Baby shower snack ideas pinterest
4291High tea baby shower ideas – 10 ways to have a High tea baby shower party!
554Welcoming a Baby Angel in Style with the Best Baby shower souvenir ideas
2041Planning a Baby shower program ideas – detailed guide
2553TOP 10 Baby girl baby shower food ideas
2463Baby shower ideas pinterest boy
1907Vase centerpiece ideas for baby shower
1449King of the jungle baby shower ideas
3617Unique baby shower guest book ideas
1533Funny baby shower ideas
2677Cupcake ideas for girl baby shower
3455Baby shower breakfast ideas
3323Baby shower photos ideas
2033Baby boy baby shower decoration ideas
834Dr seuss baby shower food ideas
2861Candy buffet ideas baby shower
1361Adoption baby shower ideas
738Candy bar ideas for baby shower
752Baby girl shower decoration ideas
3253Owl ideas for baby shower
830Tiffany baby shower ideas
3141Nautical baby shower ideas decorations
3963Baby shower decoration ideas martha stewart
1385Yellow and grey baby shower ideas