Playing is Learning
Playing with your baby provides the fabric of his learning experiences. Every time you play or interact with him, you’re not just entertaining him but teaching him valuable lessons about himself, about you and about the world.
For example, by shaking a rattle for your newbaby, you are helping him to learn to focus, as well as introducing him to the concept of cause and effect – after a while he will begin to understand that shaking the rattle is what makes the sound.
- Play allows a young child to be omnipotent. In their games, kids enact many roles from a giant fish to warrior. These play times help them vent out their frustrations of ring small and powerless and make their own rules. I still remember when my kid used to imagine that he’s leading a group of playmates and tell them what needs to be done and how ? The most interesting part was I can see him commanding the way I do, and many times, I realized what mistakes I’ve made while teaching him and need to correct. Hence it’s good for both you and your kid.
- Play builds self esteem: It may sound surprising, but it’s true. Children tend to play at what they do well and help them think as successful in their own eyes. Have you ever noticed twinkle in your kids eyes when they make same block tower which you have showed them day or two back and after failing and trying, they succeeded to build the same thing and come running to you, presenting their achievement and also expect admiration and appreciation from you. This appreciation they receive and contentment of achieving their goal helps in building self esteem, but you play quite an important role in it.
- Play builds social skills. In the beginning years kids play with their dolls, teddy bear and such inanimate objects which are perfect tools to learn interactive skills. Later with their peers they learn to respect others, wait for their turn and sharing. Also kids who play with their parents ultimately do better socially since this allows you to correct them when they go wrong.
- Play spurs language development. During play, a toddler use many words repeatedly such as doll, truck, teddy bear, up, down, blocks, jump and so on that eventually help in fostering language development.
- Play stimulates creativity and imagination. Making a castle in sand, preparing food for Dad as mama prepares, taking care of their dolls or teddies, becoming doctor when teddy gets hurt, building some new stuff with blocks, all such activities help children use their imagination and being creative in their own self.
1351Baby shower guest sign in ideas
1607Girl baby shower favors ideas
2533Boy baby shower decorations ideas
1791TOP 10 Girl baby shower themes ideas for 2017
600Baby shower fruit tray ideas
3923Baby shower snack ideas pinterest
1909Purchase The Special Twin Baby Shower Cakes From Your Local Stores
4291High tea baby shower ideas – 10 ways to have a High tea baby shower party!
4319Baby shower afternoon tea ideas
2553TOP 10 Baby girl baby shower food ideas
2463Baby shower ideas pinterest boy
4315Baby shower centerpieces ideas pictures – 10 methods to brighten your baby shower party
554Welcoming a Baby Angel in Style with the Best Baby shower souvenir ideas
218710 Useful Triplet baby shower ideas for you!
2041Planning a Baby shower program ideas – detailed guide
3165Baby shower charades ideas
4327Baby shower onesie ideas – 10 secrets to know
2137Bumble bee themed baby shower ideas – 10 tips for good party!
4047Baby shower favors ideas pinterest
2287Diy baby shower favors ideas
4185Baby shower favors ideas homemade
21694Week 21 Pregnant – The Middle Line
2320929 Best Toys and Gift Ideas for 1 year old girls in 2018
2107Elephant baby shower decoration ideas
2113Inexpensive baby shower centerpiece ideas
1973Virtual baby shower ideas
2391332 Best Toys and Gift Ideas for 4 year old girls in 2018
2239Unique baby boy shower ideas
130Ready to pop baby shower ideas
4089Craft ideas baby shower
1799Baby shower diaper raffle prize ideas
2561Table centerpieces for baby shower ideas
3049Handmade baby shower ideas
906Circus baby shower ideas
2577Decoration ideas for a baby shower
23773Alcohol and Gut Flora