The Primal Parent Maternity Photos

Julian has done a pretty good job photo journaling my pregnancy. Here are some of our favorite pictures!

8 and a half months

4 months

4 and a half months

4 and a half months

6 months

6 months

6 and a half months

7 months

8 months

8 and a half months

8 and a half months

8 and a half months

Today, the early labor process has begun. We’re gearing up!

| Primal parents | 553 | 0 votes, average: 0.00 out of 50 votes, average: 0.00 out of 50 votes, average: 0.00 out of 50 votes, average: 0.00 out of 50 votes, average: 0.00 out of 5 0 votes
Rate this post:
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)

32 comments

1. Iris July 24, 2012

Gorgeous! You look so comfortable in your own (beautiful, I might add) skin!

2. Sara July 24, 2012

You look awesome, Peggy! Thanks for your blog and I hope the labor & delivery goes the way you want it to this time around! You’re inspiring me to have a primal pregnancy with baby #2. We discovered this lifestyle when our first baby was 4 months old & we love it!

3. Erin July 24, 2012

I want to look like that when I’m pregnant. You look amazing, and make pregnancy look awesome!

4. Brisingr July 24, 2012

Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing.

5. Turiya Todhunter July 24, 2012

You go girl! Love your blog and wish I had said hi earlier cause it sounds like you’re on your way to welcoming this baby yay! I’m pregnant with my second child and really look forward to hearing how it all goes for you. Thinking of you.

6. Turiya Todhunter July 24, 2012

P.S. I’m a fan from Sydney Australia, not much of a primal/paleo community over here so it’s great people like you are living, writing and sharing what you believe in. Thank you

1. Peggy the Primal Parent July 25, 2012

I think we all feel the same about our internet Paleo friends! We’re all kind of alone, you know? Thanks for visiting!

7. Kelly July 24, 2012

You’re so beautiful!!! Good luck with everything. I’m sure you will have an easy birthing experience :)

8. JMH July 24, 2012

You’re beautiful. I wanna be just like you when I grow up. ;-)

9. Jenny July 24, 2012

You look amazing! I’ll be thinking about you today and pray all goes well. I can’t wait to read the birth story! Blessings to you, your new little one, and your family.

10. Kati July 24, 2012

Beautiful Pics! Wishing you a smooth delivery :-)

11. Laura July 24, 2012

Wonderful pictures! Good luck, I’m sure everything will go great for you! I hope Evelyn enjoys her first day as a big sister.

When you get a chance – in some of the pictures it looks like you have a belly piercing in – I had heard that you “have to” take them out when you are pregnant. Could you comment on that, true/false and why? But take your time – you have much more important things to be doing right now!!!!!

1. Peggy the Primal Parent July 24, 2012

Yesterday my uterus was really gearing up with contractions but today I’m just tired. Sooo, in answer to your question, since I’m not really all that busy yet, I heard the same thing about belly rings.

They say that you stretch out so much that you must wear a plastic, insanely long silly looking implement. Well, mine has been there for years and isn’t about to close up, so I just took it out around 4 or 5 months. Then I started to notice that it wasn’t stretching out like they say. So I put it back in. I haven’t had a problem with it at all in any way. I’m not really sure what they’re talking about honestly. Now, there is one thing about belly rings and pregnancy. They stick out a lot through fitted shirts! So I do take it out depending on what I’m wearing.

1. Lauren July 25, 2012

I got one of my few (and only really visible) stretch mark right through the belly piercing spot. I’d taken it out (because I “had to” – I think it was easier for the OB to do ultrasounds but not much else was effected and the hole stayed open) so it’s not the ring itself that caused that.

Peggy, great photodocumentation! I love the 8.5 month ones from grass level! And I don’t know who this Braxon Hicks chump is, but he’s not my favourite person either ;) Have fun with mammalianism in its rawest form and we’ll see you on the other side!

1. Peggy the Primal Parent July 25, 2012

Yes, blame it all on Braxton Hicks! My uterus was just working out I guess. We all know I like my exercise…

Seriously, two days later and I’m going on with life as usual. She must have had a sudden realization that she was a little early. “Ooops, sorry mommy. I forgot I’m still cookin!”

Oh well, soon it will be anyway!

2. Laura July 25, 2012

Thanks so much for the feedback, Peggy. I’m sorry it was a false alarm! But the baby will know when it’s time, I’m sure. I guess the way I would go when it’s my turn is to just leave it in until it starts to give me issues. I love having a sparkly in my belly button but it freaks me out to take it in and out! Rest up and take care of yourself!

12. paulette1990 July 24, 2012

oh, you look amazing! and how exciting! i can’t wait to hear your birth story, as well!

13. Jamie July 24, 2012

You look FABULOUS. You’re BABY looks fabulous. I love your primal pregnancy…to me it’s so obvious the difference in your body and “regular” pregnancies. You are obviously carrying more weight (hello boobs!) but man! It all look right. You know? Can’t wait for your book even though I’m past the age of preggers.

1. Peggy the Primal Parent July 24, 2012

Thanks Jamie! Yes, ma’am I have gained some fat this time around, unlike with Evelyn. But I was pretty low carb with her (unintentionally so). I’ve also noticed that the distribution of fat is different. Kinda neat I guess. ;)

14. Jamie July 24, 2012

Your…not you’re baby. *sigh*

15. Bruno Dias July 24, 2012

You are so hot!

1. Peggy the Primal Parent July 25, 2012

Too kind, Bruno. :) That’s not a word I hear too often carting around this obnoxiously large belly!

16. MIsty July 24, 2012

That last one is the best!! So beautiful! Good luck!

17. Lisa C July 24, 2012

Love those last two pics. Good luck!

18. Ashley July 25, 2012

from a fellow pregnant fan in Birmingham, Alabama, congrats! I am 33 weeks with baby #3…a girl…this is my first not SAD and cardio-loading :). Weights and more fat have me feeling better than ANY other pregnancy, and able to juggle 3 year old and 1 year old full-time.

1. Peggy the Primal Parent July 25, 2012

Hi Ashley! It’s so great to hear of other healthy, happy pregnancies. I have eaten way more fat (much much more saturated) with this pregnancy than the last. 7 years ago the Paleo Diet recommended low saturated fat so I ate mostly monounsaturated. I am definitely happier this time around.

1. Grace July 27, 2012

We plan on trying when I get back from America, so I’m really excited about it. You look absolutely beautiful. My body is destroyed by stretch marks so any photo shoots will be done fully clothed. You are so lucky. I am very happy for you Peggy!!

19. abe July 25, 2012

Those pictures are lovely. I particularly like the snapshot from the baby shower with you wearing a cave girl dress – very you! :)

20. Erin July 25, 2012

Peggy, your pictures are amazing! Congrats again! When does your book come out?

21. Laura July 26, 2012

Oh my, you look amazing! So happy, healthy, glowing and of course, pregnant! Such a beautiful thing :) Thanks for sharing.

It goes by so quick, I can’t believe it’s been 8.5 months already! I hope when the big day comes everything goes smoothly for you and your family. I’m looking forward to your book as well!

22. denise July 26, 2012

The pictures are amazing! You are beautiful! The last pic with both of you is priceless! I know the birthing experience will be wonderful and the joy of your new family member will be perfect! LOVE!!

23. beautifullystrong July 26, 2012

You are the opitimy of what every woman hopes pregnancy looks like! How inspiring…I hope to be a primal parent someday…well actually I WILL!! :) So glad I found your blog!